Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Employment Anticipation

Yesterday I had a job interview at PetSmart. I was really excited because I've been applying for jobs for way too long and this was finally a positive step in the direction of finally being employed. I was so nervous that I was crying and couldn't sleep the night before. It was a big deal. PetSmart is not only a job, but a job I would actually like. I have been dreading getting a call for an interview..because I applied at a lot of places that I knew I would not like working at. But PetSmart is one I was actually excited to apply for. I really want to get this job because it would make waiting for New York to happen so much easier.

So my mom, Roy, and I left for PetSmart at about 9:00 AM. The interview was at 10 but I was afraid of getting lost, which we did. The stupid directions we got were not very good at all and there were lots of trees blocking the PetSmart sign. I made it to PetSmart barely in time for the interview. Which I guess was nice because if I had to stand around waiting I would have started to think even more about how nervous I was.

Anyway, so the interview went alright. I felt sooo much pressure to answer every questions perfectly. The guy who was interviewing would just stare at me while I thought really hard about a good answer to every question. It was terrifying. But I got through it, and I think that I had a lot of great, unique answers to every question. I don't have any retail experience but I do have a lot of experience with all kinds of animals so I think that will play nicely in my favor. But who knows. They are calling me on Friday to let me know whether I got the job or not. Eeeek!

I just want it to be Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment