Friday, September 13, 2013

Being A Nerdfighter

Nerdfighter: A person who is full of awesome and wants to decrease world suck.

Let my first explain that Nerdfighters do not fight nerds.They are nerds who fight against world suck by supporting charities and just doing great things for the world. John Green (my favorite author) and his brother Hank Green started this community via their youtube channel The Vlogbrothers. It is an awesome community full of nerds and being a nerdfighter means a lot to me. I love John and Hank Green's videos soo much and I love what they are doing for the world.

I have been a nerdfigher since Aprill 2012. My best friend Lauryn suggested I read John Green's books. I first read "Looking For Alaska" (an amazing book...everyone should read it) and after I read that I saw that he was a part of a youtube channel and I had to check it out. I watched one video and realized it was something amazing. I was from then on a nerdfighter and I will be for the rest of my life.

Being a nerdfighter is big, important part of my life and I would never change that.

I'm writing a post about this today because I went to Barnes & Noble today and for the first time, left a nerdfighter note. If you don't know what is, it is writing a note about being a nerdfighter and telling someone to go check out the vlogbrother's channel and leaving it in one of John's books. It was a great experience doing that and I hope that note makes someone realize that they are made of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment