Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life Update

I'm sorry I haven't made a blog post in a million years but life has been crazy these past few months.

A couple months ago I decided not to go to AMDA because it is too expensive & I can better my craft by taking acting classes, dance classes, and vocal lessons in my spare time. It was not worth it to be in that much debt to go to a school I do not absolutely need to go to for my future profession.

Then Roy and I had decided to move to Los Angeles because while it was nowhere near as far as New York, it was a great place for acting. But then, oh wait, we both realize we HATE Los Angeles sooo that's not happening.

Instead we are going to move to a city about 30 minutes away from my hometown. Roy is going to finish his english degree so he can teach it. Then once Roy finds a teaching job in New York, we are moving there. This way Roy will have a way higher paying job than a minimum wage one so living in New York will seem more doable, and it will give me some time to cater to my craft a little more before taking the big leap to New York.

Anyway, after all of this decision making happened, Roy and I got married in July. It was my dream wedding. It was perfect. Then we went to Disneyland for our honeymoon and realized that while Disneyland is fun...it is also not fun because your feet hurt and it's hot and there are way too many people. We had fun but we took a lot of breaks from Disneyland during the days we were there and spent some time lounging around in our hotel room.

Then after the honeymoon, we went back to my parents house and are living there until Roy and I find jobs. Roy will be starting school in the spring and hopefully we will be out of here and on our way to New York in about 3 years.

Well, that's my update. I promise I will post on here a lot more from now on.

P.S I deleted some of my past posts (the ones about AMDA) because I didn't want to be reminded that New York just doesn't work right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment